[mapserver-users] projecting in degrees

Josh Jordan outerspaceman81 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 13:01:35 EDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am able to reproject my maps with mapserver.  I found out what projection my maps started in by reprojecting in QGIS, it filled in the starting projection.  Either it calculated what that projection was, or it was the default.  Then, wherever my site modified coordinates in the mapfile, I used cs2cs to convert meters to degrees first.  Alaska wraps so I had to change starting longitude to -40.  All works good now!