[mapserver-users] Mapserver crashes with large number of layers

Oliver Wesp oliver.wesp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 04:56:29 EST 2010

Thanks anyone for the help.

We didn't actually solved the problem but we found out how to avoid
it. First thing we found out was that the map was succesfully drawn
and that mapserver stucks after that. I tried it with mapscript and
the map image gets written to disk and after that php cgi stucks the
same way mapserver cgi does before. We didn't find out what exactly
happens but it's seems mapserver stucks when writing to the log files.
When we did some try and error with the logging mechanism we found out
(by accident) that everything is fine as soon as we turn of debugging
in the mapfile. For the moment I'm fine with this workaround but I
will try to get a small demo together as soon as as possible so maybe
somebody can have a look at it.

Best regards ,
Oliver