[mapserver-users] Accessing NearMap tile server through MapServer

Neil Mercer Neil.Mercer at douglaspartners.com.au
Thu Dec 16 00:49:12 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm attempting to access the NearMap service through MapServer.  Based
on the documentation on the NearMap web site I have successfully created
an XML file for GDAL to source imagery.  Testing via gdal_translate
shows I can pull imagery OK.

I've added the GDAL source to my mapfile as shown below, and have been
able to have the layer show in a GetCapabilities request.  However if I
attempt to request a map I get a blank image back from MapServer - no
error, just a blank image.  Is there something obvious wrong?  Is there
a way to verify the request being passed from MapServer to GDAL?

Here's my layer definition:

LAYER

                NAME "NearMap"

                METADATA

                                "wms_title" "NearMap"

END

                TYPE RASTER

                DATA "data/nearmap.xml"

                STATUS ON

                PROJECTION

                                "init=epsg:4326"

                END

                EXTENT -20037508.34 -20037508.34 20037508.34 20037508.34

                UNITS meters

END

Thanks,

Neil.