[mapserver-users] OGR data layer type - points and lines

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 17 12:24:58 EST 2010

I guess I spoke a little too soon...

When I attempted to test this data definition, I got a mapserv.exe crash.  I am using a recent version of MSW4.

Also, in looking a little bit at the OGR driver page for sqlite:  http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_sqlite.html,
I am guessing that the driver can't use spatialite's native binary geometry storage format when it is used to build a geom on the fly.  Based on that, I think that creating a wkt geom may be the way to go.  Something like this (which still crashes mapserv.exe).

DATA "select 'LINESTRING(' || group_concat(X(geometry) || ' ' || Y(geometry), ',') || ')' AS wkt_geometry from turtle_points"

This sample is also very simple in that the line vertices aren't being ordered and the assumption is that you want one line from all of the points in your dataset.

David.