[mapserver-users] Using e00 files

Jon Miner cp_n18 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 11:32:19 EST 2010

Making progress... Thanks to everyone's help, I have a simple app displaying a USGS Topo sheet using GeoTIFF.

Now, I'm trying to layer on information from the GRANIT website:

http://www.granit.unh.edu/

ftp://ftp.granit.sr.unh.edu/pub/GRANIT_Data/Vector_Data/Transportation_Networks/d-railroads/rrnh.e00

These files are "e00" files. Based on some other mailing list entries,  I used the ogr2ogr command to convert the file into Shapefiles:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" temp ../data/rrnh.e00

then copied the files into my data directory, and added a new layer to the map file:

LAYER
  NAME "rail"
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS on
  DATA nhrail
  CLASS
    NAME "Railroads"
    SYMBOL 0
    COLOR 168 0 184
  END
END

Something is wrong since the line data does not get rendered. Maybe there is a better approach instead of converting to Shapefiles?