[mapserver-users] areas of high res

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Feb 2 17:30:28 EST 2010

Hi,

Easy solution is to push all the images into same tileindex.  Add a new attribute, let's say "draw_order" and give value 1 for 1:500000 images, value 2 for 1:250000 images.  Run the tileindex through "sortshp" utility and sort it by draw_order.  Now Mapserver will draw both tiffs in overlapping area, but high-resolution will be on top.

Improved way is to remove those tiles which will not be drawn from the tileindex. It goes well with OpenJUMP but there is a little bit work.

- create tileindex of 1:500000 with draw_order field
- create tileindex of 1:250000 with draw_order field
- make union of all polygons in the 1:250000 tileindex
- select polygons from 1:500000 which are covered by the union
- delete selected polygons
- combine what is left from 1:500000 tileindex and 1:250000 tileindex
- sort with "sortshp".

Now there will be less double rendering and 1:250000 areas will be faster.

-Jukka Rahkonen-