[mapserver-users] qGIS mapfile error!

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Wed Feb 3 01:09:46 EST 2010

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:19:11 -0800, Vasile Cristian Stan
<vasileestan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a mapfile using qGiS and when i run mapfile on the
> mapserver it gives me this error:
>
> loadSymbolSet(): Unable to access file. (./symbols/symbols.txt)

Either make sure that you've got a valid symbols file at that path, or
comment out that line of your map-file if you don't need it for labels in
your map.

The map-file wizard does not produce a complete, ready-to-run map-file. It
does most of the tedious layer-related stuff, but you must still edit the
map-file to ensure that projections and paths and other details are valid.
At least that has been my experience.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.