[mapserver-users] high quality print from external wms

DeDuikertjes DeDuikertjes at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 3 09:39:12 EST 2010

Hi,

WMS services do often have an upper limit for the output image size.

According to WMS specs they should advertise that in response to a
getcapabilities request.
Despite that, Mapserver doesn't always do that. At least my version
(5.1) doesn't.

Piecing together an image from smaller pieces isn't that easy when
labels are involved (and perhaps also when hatch symbols are involved).

Cheers, MArco