[mapserver-users] Re: [MS4W-Users] Adding a SLD for a WMS Service

David Martinez Morata damarmo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:48:15 EST 2010

Thanks.

I try to appli a SLD with diferent calses but , I have and SLD error:

Tue Feb 09 09:01:55 2010].152000 : WMS server error. Invalid SLD document :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><StyledLayerDescriptor xmlns:xlink="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns="
http://www.opengis.net/sld"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/sldStyledLayerDescriptor.xsd"
xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.0.0"
><NamedLayer><Name>HIDROGRAFIA_GEO_REGVEN_25MIL.shp</Name><UserStyle><FeatureTypeStyle><Rule><Name>

I need to define my classes in the CLASS tag of the layer in the mapfile?

2010/2/8 Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>

> David Martinez Morata wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have a map file to Serve some layers, and I need to link some layers
> > with a sld files.
> > I read the SLD documentation in the MApserver web site, but i don't
> > reali understud what I'm doing:
> >
> > 1 I put in my layer defifnition
> >
> > SLD "Path/to/my/sld/file.sld"
> >
> > I try with metadatas
> >
> > "wms_sld_url" "Path/to/my/sld/file.sld"
> >  "wms_sld_body" "AUTO"
> > *"ows_sld_enabled"*  "true"
> >
> > But didn't works
> >
> > I modifie my sld (gvsig generated) file deleting the tags that are not
> > compatible with mapserver and I don't know what to do with...
> >
> > Any Help?
>
> I don't have any other advice other than to follow the advice in the SLD
> document (http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/sld.html#client-side-support).
> It sounds like you have a local SLD file, so you should read the
> instructions there for using the "wms_sld_body" metadata parameter in
> your WMS Client layer (I believe the contents of that metadata is not a
> path, but all of the text in the sld document...in any case it is
> described more in the SLD document for your reference).
>
> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Martinez Morata David
Thinking GIS