[mapserver-users] Pixmap problem

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Feb 9 12:03:33 EST 2010

For point symbols I don't believe you can stop the cropping of the marker. To do so you'd need to probably switch to an annotation layer in which the markers are considered part of a label. Then you can set PARTIALS FALSE in the label object. The downside here is that the label processing will remove overlapping markers which may not be what you want. You can try setting LABELCACHE OFF (layer object) or even FORCE TRUE (label object) to get around that. Here's a sample layer definition (not tested):

LAYER
  NAME 'markers'
  DATA 'some point shapefile'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  CLASS
    STYLE
      SYMBOL 'marker.png'
    END
    LABEL
      PARIALS FALSE
      FORCE TRUE
    END
    TEXT ' ' # I think you have to draw some text for this to work
  END
END

Something to try anyway...

Steve