[mapserver-users] Changelog of version 4 to 5

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Wed Feb 10 09:30:52 EST 2010

Christian Braun schrieb:
> Hello list members,
>
> currently I am doing a migration of our servers and changed mapserver from version 4.10 to the latest 5.6. As I figured out some problems with the syntax of the map file I wanted to know where I can find some kind of 'changelog' for mapfile syntax between the versions.
> I remember that there was somehing on the old web site layout but I am not able to find it anymore.
>
> Could someone please help me out with a document,

The migration guides are here:

4.x. -> 5.0
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-0/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

5.0 -> 5.2
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-2/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

5.2 -> 5.4
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-4/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

(I'm not sure if the obove are all the same)

5.4 -> 5.6
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-6/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

They should be referenced in the docs, but I don't have a link handy.

Lars