[mapserver-users] mouseover with mapserver...?

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 12:07:24 EST 2010

Hi all

I am using ms4w and have managed to make a number of maps work really well.
However one thing I would really like to implement is a mouseover function
which indicates and/or highlights features without requiring a click. There
is a link to a good example of this on the Mapserver website:
http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?map=/usr/local/www/docs_maps/e
co/rsg/search/search_example.map
<http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?map=/usr/local/www/docs_maps/
eco/rsg/search/search_example.map&qlayer=county&mode=nquery&searchmap=true>
&qlayer=county&mode=nquery&searchmap=true

It is probably my lack of web/javascript design experience but  the fact is
that I have totally failed to make any kind of  mouseover work with
mapserver. Can anyone provide the source code of something that works?

Chris