[mapserver-users] Vertically flipped raster

Kevin Marsh kmarsh at formandfx.com
Thu Feb 11 17:53:24 EST 2010

I'm having a strange issue viewing a raster in OpenLayers via WMS served by
MapServer. I'm not 100% sure that MapServer is to blame, but I suspect it
is.

Essentially, the raster layer is flipped vertically (c.f.,
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4350004270_dd751a5166_o.png)

This is an unregistered JPG image, from the Map Rectifier tool by MetaCarta
(http://labs.metacarta.com/rectifier/). Incidentially I didn't realize
MapServer could serve tiled JPGs that were unregistered, but it appears to
be working fine, with the exception that it is flipped.

This is the MapServer mapfile serving the raster:
https://gist.github.com/c850ba9b0dd7107a73d0 and the Python bit that is
specifying the image dynamically:
https://gist.github.com/6e86aa28466aaaa2b72d

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!