[mapserver-users] HTML Legends - What Good Are They?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Feb 24 09:41:32 EST 2010

I've been searching the 'net and asking questions here for the last two
days on HTML Legends, and outside of the standard MS documentation
(which has some very confusing bits in it for one who's unfamiliar with
the way it works) I've not found anything relevant on this topic except
my own questions echoed back at me from nabble and some
interestingly-titled documents that are inaccessible because they were
on the old MS website. And so far the forum's been silent on the issue
as well.

But I have discovered one old message hinting at clever ways to use
nested [if] statements with custom metadata variables to make a very
useful layer control with collapse and expand features and more. I want
to learn more about that but I'd like to skip the time-consuming process
of learning by trial and error.

So can anyone point me to some documentation that goes into more detail
about what HTML Legends can really do or direct me to one or two URLs
that demonstrate some advanced techniques with nested [if] ...[/if]
blocks and custom metadata variables?

- Bill Thoen