[mapserver-users] HTML Legends - what's Class TITLE?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Feb 26 12:16:45 EST 2010

I'm still beating the "HTML legends" feature into a shape I can
understand and now I think I understand most of the online
documentation. Also, I think I have accomplished my immediate goal of
creating a working layer control that shows you a sample graphic of the
layer, has a checkbox to turn the layer on/off, and allows you to
collapse and hide layers and classes under their group names and can
hold up to 100 layers and classes in one clip. So thanks to everyone who
helped me sort this out. Your generosity is very much appreciated!

But I have one more question... on the page
http://mapserver.org/output/html_legend.html under the "Supported Tags"
table in the section titled "CLASS block" they refer to
[leg_class_title] that returns the CLASS TITLE value. Looking into the
mapfile reference, I can't find any description for TITLE in either
CLASS or LAYER. Can anyone clue me in on this --what it is and what's it
for?

TIA,
- Bill Thoen

--