[mapserver-users] MAPSCRIPT - queryByAttributes on WFS layer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 5 11:10:28 EST 2010

Charlotte DECLERCQ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to launch a query on a WFS layer.
> The query is :
> $oLayer->queryByAttributes($m_Champs, "\"".stripslashes($m_Requete)."\"", MS_MULTIPLE );
> with $m_Champs : gid
> $m_Requete : upper(gid) = upper(\'140\')
>
> Whereas there is one record matching, mapserver can't find it : No matching record(s) found.
>
> I obtain the same result with $m_Requete : gid = '140', or gid = 140, or gid = \'140\'
>
> But if $m_Requete is equals to 140, then mapserver returns the element.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,

If $m_Requete contains a logical expression such as "gid = '140'" then
you need to enclose it inside round brackets for the parser to detect
that it is a logical expression. If you enclose it inside double quotes
(as you did above) then it treats $m_requete as a constant that is
matched against $m_champs. That's why things work when you use
$m_requete = "140";

So the best fix is to use $m_requete = "140" with the
queryByAttributes() statement above since constant expressions are the
fastest.

However, if you want to pass a logical expression for some reason, then
you should use:

$oLayer->queryByAttributes($m_Champs, "(".stripslashes($m_Requete).")",
MS_MULTIPLE );

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette