[mapserver-users] Premature end of script headers: mapserv

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Jan 9 17:56:28 EST 2010

Hi,

You talk about adding a shapefile but the layer definitions below are for PostGIS layer. Have you copy-pasted another layer or what? The main problem could be that the layer in your mail is missing entries for WMS metadata. Try reading and following the document at http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Shaz N wrote:

> Hi users..

> I have been adding a few new shapefiles to my existing map file. I am a
facing a new problem since last evening. I added 9 shapefiles successfully
and could view the map in the browser. While adding the 10th shapefile I got
an error. All the new shapefiles are simple point shapefiles.

Example: LAYER

            NAME 'sc'

            CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

            CONNECTION " "

            DATA "the_geom from sc"

            TEMPLATE "dummy.html"

            DEBUG ON

            TYPE POINT

            MAXSCALE 10000

            MINSCALE 2000

            STATUS DEFAULT

            LABELITEM "name"

            LABELCACHE ON

            CLASS

                  MAXSCALE 10000

                  MINSCALE 2000

            STYLE

                  ANTIALIAS TRUE

                  SYMBOL "square"

                  SIZE 9

                  COLOR 153 0 102

                  OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255

            END #end style

            LABEL

                  ANGLE auto

                  COLOR 153 0 102

                  ANTIALIAS TRUE

                  FONT vera_sans-bold

                  TYPE TRUETYPE

                  SIZE 9

                  POSITION auto

                  PARTIALS false

                  BUFFER 1

            END #end label

            END#end class

END #end layer

This is the error from the error log:

Premature end of script headers: mapserv

And this is what I got using WMS get map request on the browser:

Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

I checked the shapefile and map file for errors and couldn't find any. And
mapserver has been installed correctly and has been working well. The
problem only arises when I add the extra layer. It works well with all the
existing ones.

The map file works on my PHP map display page but when I try it using WMS it
does not work.

I use MapServer 5.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.