[mapserver-users] Can I set class name in mapfile to Chinese?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:11:41 EST 2010

* make sure your mapfile itself is encoded in utf8
* in your legend's label block, add ENCODING utf8. make sure your label are
of type truetype and not bitmap, as the included bitmap fonts definitely do
not contain more than ascii characters.

regards,
thomas

this should do the trick. I don't know about chinese encodings, but you
should be able to replace utf8 with whatever encoding your mapfile is in.