[mapserver-users] WMS layer - GetFeatureInfo request, multiple row (attributes) return

Ted Spradley tspradley at snoogems.com
Mon Jan 11 17:44:26 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am querying a WMS layer (several, but the question is regarding layer
'building_comp_query') using
OpenLayers with a GetFeatureInfo request.  The data returned from all layers
but 'building_comp_query'
is as expected.  The layers returning data as expected return a single row
of attributes related to the
user selected feature (a property parcel).  Layer 'building_comp_query' is a
PostGIS layer of TYPE QUERY whose SQL SELECT returns multiple rows, but when
queried by the GetFeatureInfo request below, a single
row is returned.  I understand the default FEATURE_COUNT is 1, and when set
higher, multiple rows of the
same data is returned.

I am thinking the solution is to use the new style templating and an
OUTPUTFORMAT for the layer, and
TEMPLATE 'dummy' but if that is correct, where does the OUTPUTFORMAT get
referenced in a GetFeatureInfo request?

When I try my proposed solution I get the following:

file. dummy.html

Thanks in advance,
Ted S.

/*  OpenLayers GetFeatureInfo request */

        var url =  tl_us_county_48201.getFullRequestString({
          REQUEST: "GetFeatureInfo",
          EXCEPTIONS: "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
          BBOX: tl_us_county_48201.map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
          X: e.xy.x,
          Y: e.xy.y,
          INFO_FORMAT: 'text/html',
          QUERY_LAYERS:
'countries,usa_zcta5,parcels_query,tx_school_districts,schools,places,building_comp_query',
          WIDTH: tl_us_county_48201.map.size.w,
          HEIGHT: tl_us_county_48201.map.size.h
        });

/* layer definition */

  LAYER
    NAME 'building_comp_query'
    TYPE  QUERY
    STATUS          ON
    #DEBUG			3
    TEMPLATE  bldgCompGetFeatureInfo.html
    HEADER    bldgCompGetFeatureInfo_header.html
    FOOTER    bldgCompGetFeatureInfo_footer.html
    PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    PROCESSING 'LABEL_NO_CLIP=1'

    DUMP TRUE
    MAXSCALEDENOM 10000
    CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
    CONNECTION "dbname=cad1 user=tedkspradley password=05gusher
host=localhost port=5432"

    DATA  "the_geom from (select b.the_geom AS the_geom, b.gid AS gid,
a.building_num AS building_num, a.building_component AS building_component,
a.area AS area FROM parcels b, building_component_areas a WHERE
a.hcad_acct=b.hcad_num) as foo using unique gid using srid=-1"

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:102740"
    END
    METADATA
      "wms_title" "Building Component Areas Query Layer"
      "wfs_title" "Building Component Areas Query Layer"
      "wms_srs"	"epsg:102740 epsg:4326"
      "gml_include_items" "all"
      "wms_include_items" "all"
      "gml_featureid" "ogc_fid"
      "qstring_validation_pattern" '.'
    END
  END # End layer 'building_component_areas_query'

/* url GetFeatureInfo request */

http://maps.snoogems.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?
map=/path/to/srch_cad.map
&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1
&REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo
&SRS=EPSG%3A102740
&WIDTH=800&HEIGHT=800
&BBOX=3102785.400463,13832395.006499,3104115.230452,13833724.836488
&LAYERS=building_comp_query
&STYLES=
&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&QUERY_LAYERS=building_comp_query&X=398&Y=390&INFO_FORMAT=text/html&FEATURE_COUNT=999