[mapserver-users] 5.6.1 Postgis problem

Sandeep Kumar Chauhan sandeepk.tech at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:19:28 EST 2010

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply.  What I was trying to say was ...
I was using mapscript (csharp) 5.4.1 earlier for my customize application.
For performing Identify operation I was using following code...

if (layer.queryByPoint(Map, point, (int)mapscript.MS_SINGLE, tolerance) ==
{
    resultCacheObj result = layer.getResults();
                    if (result.numresults > 0)
                    {

                        int shapeInd = result.getResult(0).shapeindex;
It was working perfectly fine. Few days back I compiled 5.6.0 on my system.
It was not working in expected way in case of postGIS dataset. Value
returned every time for ShapeIndex was either 0 or 1, even though I had more
than 1000 features in my dataset. I tried to use 5.6.1 as well but was not
able to get correct results.

I swap mappostgis.c of 5.6.1 with that of 5.4.1, and recompiled everything.
I got expected results.

Please advice if my compilation is wrong or it is a bug in 5.6.x? I am using
postgresql-8.3.7 for compilation.

Thanks,
   -Sandeep