[mapserver-users] VRT / CSV data sources are not displayed in a layer

Stefan Schantz SSchantz at BfS.de
Wed Jan 20 13:01:40 EST 2010

Hello Carlos,
my CSV-file ans VRT-file looks like your examples:

My CSV is
x-utm,y-utm,Wert
   742226.,  5374978., 0.00E+00
   743422.,  5375072., 0.00E+00
   744620.,  5375166., 0.00E+00

and my VTR is
<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="boden">
        <SrcDataSource>/daten/csv/boden.csv</SrcDataSource>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x-utm" y="y-utm"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

and as I wrote, ogr2ogr could read my vrt/csv data and transform it into
a shapefile..

Stefan