[mapserver-users] Mapserver ignore DATA in layer definition

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Jan 25 04:26:19 EST 2010

hi

I have a mapserver 5.2.1 on a server which totally ignore the DATA in a
postgis layer definition in my mapfile.

I can write anything I want, even gibberish, in the DATA without even geting
an error.

This is my layer :

LAYER
  NAME "plan_points"
  STATUS ON
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "dbname=sitn user=plans_intervention
password=sitn_plans_intervention host=nesitn2"
  #DATA 'geom from (select
geom,oid,id,fk_obj,code,com,sf,op_saisie,rem,rotation,url_lien,owner from
plans_intervention.plan_points) as foo'
  #DATA "geom from (select * from test.plan_points) as foo using unique id"
  DATA "dfsdfsdfd"
  TEMPLATE "ttt"
  OPACITY 100
  CLASSITEM "code"
  TOLERANCE 20
  CLASS
    STYLE
      SYMBOL "background1"
      SIZE 20
      COLOR 255 255 255
      ANGLE [rotation]
    END
    STYLE
      SYMBOL "VHC1"
      SIZE 20
      COLOR 0 0 255
      ANGLE [rotation]
    END
    TEXT ([com])
    LABEL
      COLOR  0 0 255
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      FONT "arial"
      TYPE truetype
      SIZE 12
      ANGLE [rotation]
      POSITION uc
      PRIORITY 10
      PARTIALS FALSE
      FORCE true
      ANTIALIAS true
    END
  END
END

as you can see I have made different try for the DATA, all are ignored, even
the DATA "dfsdfsdfd" one.

the server is running on Windows Server 2008

any idea why the DATA string is ignored ?

this is the full mapserver version info:
MapServer Version MapServer version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE PHP MapScript Version ($Revision: 7937 $ $Date:
2008-09-30 10:37:46 -0400 (Tue, 30 Sep 2008) $)

thanks in advance
Oliver