[mapserver-users] Repeating annotation, using LABEL_NO_CLIP=1 with Open Layers

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Jan 27 09:51:15 EST 2010

Ted,

If you go the tile route, each image request to MapServer is independent, so it will get a copyright notice.

You can go use an OpenLayers Layer.WMS layer with singleTile set to True and a ratio of 1 to get one tile that only fills the viewport.  (This is similar to the deprecated OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled).  http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/examples/notile.html

The only issue with ratio of 1 is that you see the white background when you pan.

I think that the best solution would be to add an attribution layer using OpenLayers.  http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/attribution.html

David.