[mapserver-users] msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/ms4w/apps/mapserv-demo/itasca.map)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jul 1 09:36:01 EDT 2010

Asif wrote:
> Dear All,
>  I have installed the UMN Mapserver and configured it according to
> instructions given in manual but its giving the erro
> "msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.
> (/ms4w/apps/mapserv-demo/itasca.map) " when I try to load the demo
> application. I have follow the instructions in readme file but its not
> working. can any body help please?

Asif,

MS4W users can download the "MapServer Itasca Demo Application" from the
MS4W downloads page
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html).  If you
use that download then all you have to do is to extract it to the same
drive root as your existing MS4W install (example: C:/), and then
restart Apache.

If you have any MS4W questions feel free to use its email list
(subscribe at http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users).

Thanks.

Happy Canada Day!

-jeff