[mapserver-users] creating views/queries on the fly

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:39:48 EDT 2010

This started of as a QGIS question, but I am finding it impossible to
register for the QGIS forums, so I am asking on the MapServer list, as
this is going to evolve into a MapServer question as well.

I want to query a PostGIS db with arbitrary queries -- views that join
spatial and non-spatial tables. However, the permutations of these
queries are too many to predefine them as views. As far as I can tell,
QGIS does not allow me to create views/queries on the fly. It can only
connect to an already defined view, which I can then further filter,
but it can't actually let me create a view.

So, what is the best way to go about doing this with MapServer? Oh,
and if someone could kindly shed light on QGIS's capabilities in this
regard, well, that would be gravy.

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org