[mapserver-users] WFS Filter encoding . . . Anyone know what the Units list for DWithin that MapServer honors?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jul 11 09:43:30 EDT 2010

On 11/07/2010 5:26 AM, Blammo wrote:
> All,
>
> I've got a filter request working with DWITHIN but get seemingly weird
> returns.. Using EPSG:4326, and "m" (Does this = Miles??) I get returns
> that I expect when using fractional "m" values.
>
> What other unit designations are honored?  I don't see anything in the
> getCapabilities about units or the MapServer docs.

here are the units and abbreviations that can be used:
- m or meters: can be used to indicate meters
- km or kilometers:  kilometers
- NM: nauticalmiles
- mi or miles : miles
- in or inches : inches
- ft or feet : feet
- deg or dd: degree
- px: pixels

ticket was added to add this in the docs
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3488)

> Lastly, does MapServer support CQL (yet?), I saw references to this in
> my searching.

Not that I am aware of.

best regards

Assefa Yewondwossen