[mapserver-users] MAXSCALEDENOM [scale_field]

Daniel Degasperi daniel.degasperi at r3-gis.com
Thu Jul 15 06:02:22 EDT 2010

Hi Steve,
maybe it's easier to explain with a mapfile example:

LAYER
     NAME "POI"
     TYPE POINT
     CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
     CONNECTION "user=somebody password=something dbname=test
host=localhost"
     DATA "the_geom FROM (SELECT gid, category, priority, the_geom FROM
poi) AS foo USING UNIQUE gid"
     CLASS
         EXPRESSION ('[category]' eq 'poi')
         MAXSCALEDENOM [priority]
     END
END

In this case I've one single class  for each category and the
MAXSCALEDENOM get the value from the priority attribute of my datasource.
As it is now, MapServer does not support this feature and I've to repeat
every single category for each different priority value.

Best regards,
Daniel