[mapserver-users] PHP mapscript fails to load: msSetup() failed.

Avi Blackmore support at satshot.com
Thu Jul 15 17:33:42 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

	I'm trying to migrate our mapserver application setup to a new server for redundancy purposes.  I have configured and built the software stack (Apache, PHP, proj, geos, GDAL, mapserver) on the new machine to be the same versions and configurations as on the old machine.  They are identical Apple Xserves running the same version of OS X server.  The setup in question has worked quite happily for several years on our current machine.

	However, when I try to run the same setup on the new machine, PHP fails to load the php_mapscript module.  The only error message is " msSetup(): MapScript initialization failed."

	I have no idea why this would be happening.  Any ideas?
--
Avi Blackmore
Head Programmer/System Administrator