[mapserver-users] index file for ECW raster files - error in visualization

Simone Frigerio simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Tue Jul 20 12:06:27 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am publishing raster ecw layers on towards index file. In map file I
create one index file (index.shp) and 2 raster layers file (ortho_2004_5
and ortho_2004_6).  In index.dbf a "location" field is present with
"\ortho\ortho_2004_5.ecw".
On localhost the layer is visualized in the list with others, but if I
click, it generate an error, I need to refresh layers list.

In mapfile:
SHAPEPATH "data"
:::
LAYER
     NAME "regioortho2004"
     TYPE RASTER
     TILEINDEX "index.shp"
     TILEITEM "Location"
     METADATA
       "force_imagetype" "jpeg"
     END
   END

   LAYER
     NAME "ortho_2004_5"
     TYPE RASTER
     DATA "/ortho/ortho_2004_5.ecw"
     METADATA
       "force_imagetype" "jpeg"
     END
   END

   LAYER
     NAME "ortho_2004_6"
     TYPE RASTER
     DATA "/ortho/ortho_2004_6.ecw"
     METADATA
       "force_imagetype" "jpeg"
     END
   END

Is it a question of path? I used absolute "data" folder for index.shp
and a subfolder "ortho" for the raster ECW.
Is it a problem of file? GDAL help explain support to ECW files...
Some suggestions?
Thanks!

Simone