[mapserver-users] Text orientation problem

Jez Walters jez.walters at ipl.com
Wed Jul 21 07:32:04 EDT 2010

I'm not sure if I posted this correctly last time, so I'm trying again -
hopefully I'll get some feedback this time!  :-)

I'm using MapServer to display UK Ordnance Survey MasterMap vector data, but
I've been experiencing problems when it comes to text orientation (in the
Cartographic Text layer).

The text angle is specifed in the OS GML as an integer representing 10ths of
a degree, rather than as a floating point number (as required by MapServer).
In order to overcome this I've been pre-processing the GML using awk, to
divide the text orientation value by 10.

Is this the best approach for rescaling the orientation value, or can this
be performed somehow "on the fly" by MapServer?