[mapserver-users] CLASS EXPRESSION regex help?

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Fri Jul 23 10:20:17 EDT 2010

All:

Regex neophyte, using MS 5.4.2 in FGS on Ubuntu Server 9.10, I wish to render two classes based on content in a PostGIS field.

For the first CLASS I want all records that start with "LADE", and using

NAME "LADE"
EXPRESSION /^LADE.*/

appears to return the expected records.

However, for the second CLASS I want all records that DO NOT start with "LADE", but using

NAME "Other"
EXPRESSION /^(?!LADE).*/

does not return any records and the log contains

msEvalExpression() error: Regular expression error. Invalid regular expression.

Examples out in the ether all indicate that this "negative lookahead" is supposed to do exactly what I want.

What am I doing wrong in this instance?

Thanks!
/Johan.

Johan Forsman
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303