[mapserver-users] ogr connection failed

Murat Beyhan beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Fri Jul 30 10:43:40 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have installed rpm package of Mapserver 5.6.3
adn I have installed gdal 1.7.2 by using tar.gz file

when I attempt to open map file from webpage I faced the following error
message
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Dhuman'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection in layer
`Dhuman'. Failed to open datasource
`MYSQL:turkey,user=root,password=mysqlpass,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=d_damage m_village'.

but when I use terminal for ogrinfo I can connect to database
successfully

What is wrong could you help me please

[murat at sakura cgi-bin]$ ogrinfo
"MYSQL:turkey,user=root,password=mysqlpass,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=d_pgadata"
INFO: Open of
`MYSQL:turkey,user=root,password=mysqlpass,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=d_pgadata'
      using driver `MySQL' successful.
1: d_pgadata (None)
[murat at sakura cgi-bin]$

or

[murat at sakura cgi-bin]$ ogrinfo
"MySQL:testogr,user=root,password=mysqlpass"
INFO: Open of `MySQL:testogr,user=root,password=mysql_123'
      using driver `MySQL' successful.
1: deniz (Polygon)
2: il_merkezleri (Point)
3: il_sinirlari (Polygon)
4: ilce_merkezleri (Point)
5: ilce_sinirlari (Polygon)
6: iller (Polygon)
7: iller_sil (Polygon)
8: komsular (Polygon)

these works fine.

ogr also support these formats
[murat at sakura cgi-bin]$ ogrinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
  -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
  -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)