[mapserver-users] Layer ordering in WMS

Jeff Dege jeff.dege at korterra.com
Thu Jun 10 13:24:56 EDT 2010

I'm trying to figure out how to configure layer ordering when using Mapserver using WMS.  I'm not at all certain I've figured it out, yet, but one thing is clear - it's very complicated, depending upon the ordering of the layers in the mapfile, which groups the layers are a part of, whether the layers are configured with a status of ON or DEFAULT, and the ordering of the layers in the WMS request.

Is there some place in the documentation that explains all of this, or have I just missed it?