[mapserver-users] Re: Limiting the execution time of mapserver

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Jun 22 15:32:16 EDT 2010

Another option is using WEB.METADATA.wfs_maxfeatures, which MapServer
will truncate to when doing WFS GetFeature responses.  This is then
advertised in the WFS Capabilities XML (ows:Constraint
name="DefaultMaxFeatures").  This also gets automagically passed to the
underlying SQL statement, shapefile data fetch, etc., on WFS GetFeature.

Thus you can use this to control output, so that the client never gets
more than x features back.

The client, in their WFS GetFeature requests, can then use the parameter
startindex=n (where n is an integer of the start position of the result
set) to page through the results accordingly.

..Tom