[mapserver-users] Re: OSM renderer with MapServer (christopher.schmidt@nokia.com)

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jun 28 09:40:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

The Windows version of osm2pgsql does not find automatically proj4 libraries which are needed for doing import with -l switch or with -E switch. For making these switches to work user should install proj4 in some way and set an environment variable to point to that location. Too tricky, so I would suggest Windows users to import with the default projection 900913. The data can be rather fast reprojected afterwards inside PostGIS, if needed.

Windows is also lacking the preprocessor that is needed to build up the final mapfile if user is following the cookbook by Thomas. Perhaps there could be also a ready compiled mapfile available for Windows users for a quicker start?

-Jukka Rahkonen-