[mapserver-users] php Mapscript conceptual question

mattmendick matt.mendick at pictometry.com
Wed Jun 30 10:43:32 EDT 2010

Hi All-

I'm querying the group to find out if something is possible with php
mapscript with mapserver 5.6.3. Mapserver works wonderfully at outputting
wms graphics of layers for normally projected data. However, I have some
data that is standardly projected (wgs84) but my output projection is
completely nonstandard (I can't go into detail about what this projection
is, but believe me it's not something I can do via standard methods via
proj). I have an algorithm that transforms (given a particular bounding box)
latitude/longitude pairs into output image coordinates. Is there any way for
me to use mapscript to load in the raw wgs84 lat/lng pairs, run them through
my algorithm, and output image coordinates to the renderer?

Basically, is there any way for me to hijack the way mapserver normally goes
about translating lat/lng pairs to image coordinates using mapscript?

If I was unclear about anything, let me know, I appreciate any help anyone
could offer. Thanks!

-Matt Mendick