[mapserver-users] A new (I think) question about Mapfile filtering. . .

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jun 30 14:46:46 EDT 2010

Stephen,

I'm just trying to paint (with grey coloring) the areas in the City that are NOT Parcels, or should be considered public Right of way.

bobb

Bob Basques wrote:

> All,
>

> Any ideas on how to fill an area that is not defined by a polygon.  I'm
> basically after coloring the Right of way areas in the City based on
> them NOT being a Parcel.
>

> My first thought was to use a image background color, and paint the
> parcels a transparent color, am I on the right track?

Bob,

What format are you Right of Ways in?
It sounds like they might be in a raster format. If that is the case you
probably can do it either way.

1. raster as background, transparent parcel
2. parcels with fill, raster overlay using an opacity and a nodata flag
in the raster.

-Steve W