[mapserver-users] Looking for advice for OGC Services Server hardware requirements

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 11 02:23:04 EST 2010

Luigi Castro Cardeles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe this can help you.
> http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/#presentation_109

I would like to add that there is at least some off-list talk of some
Windows vs Unix benchmarking for the 2010 exercise
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2010).  As the maintainer of
MapServer 4 Windows (MS4W) I can tell you that the download/use
statistics are staggering (very popular); it is used in production
environments for both government and private industry.  I encourage you
to give it a try (even though most developers on this MapServer mailing
list are unix-based, don't let them scare you away from Windows, if you
are more comfortable in that environment).

Hope this helps a little.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna