[mapserver-users] Publishing a dynamically created (and transient) map

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Fri Mar 12 22:50:20 EST 2010

Christian,

 From what you describe (and I'm not sure I understand it 100%), I think
you are simply talking about a Listener service for your surveillance
process, similar to a GPS listener.

If that's the case, then I would simply set up a database table in
POSTGIS and feed it records (CML or WKT, or) at some interval and use a
Mapserver to POSTGIS rendering process to visualize things.  Let the
Database client decide how often it wants to see an update by querying
the database at it's leisure.  I've set up similar configurations for
GPS devices.

Or did I get the wrong intent?

bobb