[mapserver-users] Forcing WMS errors in XML-format in PHP-MapScript

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 16 09:05:02 EDT 2010

Jan Hartmann wrote:
> This is probably something I should try to look up myself, but perhaps
> someone on this list has a quick answer.
>
>  I'm generating WMS output completely from  PHP MapScript (essentially
> to make non-projected raster files available for WMS clients under a
> fake projection number, to georeference raw coordinates). If something
> goes wrong with the getCapabilities request, I would like to output a
> valid XML error string that can be understood by regular WMS clients.
> Any pointers to documentation on the required/optional XML formats?

I guess the best reference will be the WMS spec document itself, for the
version of WMS that you are implementing. The spec docs are available at
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wms

If you look at the WMS 1.1.1 doc from that list, section 6.7 discusses
service exceptions and Annex A contains the XML exception DTD as well as
an exception example.

Dnaiel
--
Daniel Morissette