[mapserver-users] Mapserver ITEMQUERY problem;

mani ., mani2604 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:45:43 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

                Well I am student just stated on Mapserver. I've been using
the example code from Bill kropla book, for Query modes. the QUERY & NQUERY
modes are woking well;  ITEMQUERY and its related ones doesn't seem to work
at all. I am using his example of: qlayer=Cities qitem=STATE qstring=/Tex./
The error is :- mapserv(): Web application error. Parameter 'qstring' value
fails to validate. msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error.
Parameter pattern validation failed.

** There were similar posts on the same context with the exact same problem
but there seems to be no formidable solution mentioned.

** the .map file has 2 layers - cities & countries
** I am running ms4w on windows 2003 server

Thanks,