[mapserver-users] 3D display of data

Benoît Andrieu bea at ixsea.com
Fri Mar 19 12:55:06 EDT 2010

Hi !

> - perspective viewing of terrain (mapserver can't do this)
I don't totally agree with this. ;)
I have been able to use mapserver with WorldWind Java in order to
display a raster layer on terrain.
And both (raster and terrain) were served by mapserver.

What, I think, is not possible (and perhaps what you mean) is to have
mapserver render the terrain model given a custom viewpoint and serve
the result to openlayers.
I think there were some discussion about this some times ago...

Regards,

Benoît Andrieu