[mapserver-users] Re: MapServer 5.6.2 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Mar 21 13:10:39 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

An issue has been reported with PostGIS layers in 5.6.2, and I suspect
most uses of postgis layers in projected coordinates (i.e. except for
lat,lon in degrees) will produce a fatal error. More details here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3324#comment:5

I will release 5.6.3 as soon as we have a confirmed fix, so I'd
recommend that you wait before upgrading.

Sorry about this

Daniel

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> The MapServer team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
> version 5.6.2.
>
> No new functionality has been added. This is a maintenance release that
> fixes a few important issues found in 5.6.0 and 5.6.1 The list of fixes
> since 5.6.1 is included at the end of this message.
>
> The source code is available at:
>
>     http://mapserver.org/download.html
>
> The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
> with the new release in the next few days.
>

> Version 5.6.2 (2010-03-20):
> ---------------------------
>
> - Check error returns from mapstring functions (#2988)
>
> - Correct mutex locking problem with rasters with no inherent georef.
> (#3368)
>
> - Fixed problem with isValidItem vs OGR special attributes (#3356)
>
> - Support wrap character for SVG output (#3367)
>
> - Fixed msMSSQL2008CloseConnection() to free the statement handle
>   properly (#3244)
>
> - Fixed PHP MapScript's metadata.nextkey() that was sometimes skipping some
>   entries on first call because the NULL arg was not properly handled
> (#3363)
>
> - Fixed the query handling with the MSSQL2008 driver (#3058)
>
> - Fixed swig zoomRectangle() method: the maxy in the rect object have to
>   be < miny value (#3286)
>
> - Backport fix for SLD filters column names detection (#3052)
>
> - Backport fix for WFS OGC filters regex tests (#3289)
>
> - Fix crash with GRID layers with no classes (#3352)
>
> - Avoid memory error when building SQL bbox (#3324)
>
> - Determine PgSQL version in a more backwards compatible way (#3291)
>
> - Implemented RFC 52 LayerResultsGetShape support for OGR connection
>   type. (#3069)
>
> - Fixed problem with the oracle driver w/FUNCTION=NONE (#3260)
>
> - Got rid of invalid warning about missing EPSG proj in WMS GetCapabilities
>   when map has a valid EPSG proj, but layer doesn't (#2028)
>
> - Correct one pass query problems and OGC filter query (#3305)
>
> - Correct QueryByOperator (#3346)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/