[mapserver-users] Why mapfile parsing is so slow on Windows

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Mar 29 03:17:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I would also like to know the answer if this is a common behaviour.  I checked with my mapfile which has about 2000 lines and parsing time is something like 0.1 seconds on Windows.  How long is your "quite a long mapfile"?

I suppose that making parsing faster would mean that there should be some kind of cache or then a super fast disk.  Is anybody using ramdisks nowadays?

-Jukka Rahkonen-