[mapserver-users] WMS layer swapping according to scale

Gracia Fernández López graciafdez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 04:22:14 EST 2010

Hello,

I want to replace the polygon representations in a layer by markers
when the zoom is out of a scale level.

To do that, I have defined two layers in Mapserver to represent the
same objects: one of them is a Polygon, and the other one is a Point
(centroid), and I want to swap one for the other depending on the
scale.

With the Mapserver queries, I had defined the same name for both
layers and it worked well. Now I need to do the same with WMS queries,
but neither I can assign the same name to the layers (if I do that
they are changed automatically), nor use the GROUP option (I obtain a
warning with GetCapabilities). I also tried using the parameter
wms_group_layer, but it puts a common title but not a common name, so
I can not query the group in the LAYERS param.

Do anyone knows how to solve this issue in Mapserver? Or do I have to
do that in the viewer side?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Regards