[mapserver-users] draw polygons ordered by field ? (from File System)

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 9 08:53:15 EST 2010

Hi,

Sortshp can order data only by one attribute. If that is not enough you
can sort shapefile by two or more attributes with ogr2ogr by giving
ORDER BY inside the -sql parameter. Of course it is possible to split
the shapefile into several layers by using FILTER. In that case the
drawing order can be controlled by ordering the layers in the mapfile
but perhaps you do not want many layers. However, if the result is to be
used through WMS the layers can be combined back with GROUP.

-Jukka Rahkonen-