[mapserver-users] multi criteria visualization on vector

Simone Frigerio simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 12 13:08:34 EST 2010

  Hi folk,
one question on visualization based on logic criteria.
I have a huge vectorial shp file (thousand of records). An example of
attributes as following:
__
Shape 	A 	B 	C 	D 	COMBI
Polygon 	0 	0 	3 	4 	0_0_3_4
Polygon 	0 	0 	3 	0 	0_0_3_0
.... 	.... 	.... 	.... 	.... 	....

There are 25 combination of the 4 fields A-B-C-D visualized by unique
code in COMBI field.
I managed a mapfile like:
  LAYER
     NAME "MH"
     TYPE POLYGON
     DATA "melanie/topo"
     TRANSPARENCY 35
     GROUP "MASCHERA"
     STATUS ON
     TEMPLATE "ttt"
     CLASSITEM "COMBI"
     CLASS
       EXPRESSION "0_0_3_0"
       STYLE
         COLOR 25 255 255
         OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
       END
     END
   END
I visualize in this way only the polygons with the value in COMBI field.
I can obviously add same class expressions for every value I want. My
doubt is:
if I need to visualize all the "n" combination available  like
differently "n" layers in a same view how can I do? I have to separate
the original file in 25 shp layers (quite boring) or can I provide using
only the original complete shp file?
Example on the layer tree:

Thanks.

Simone