[mapserver-users] Annotation Layer Always on Top Despite Not Being Declared Last

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Nov 22 11:46:08 EST 2010

Annotation layers basically just add labels to the label cache and labels are drawn after everything else. If you want labels drawn before other features then you can try the "LABELCACHE OFF" layer parameter. Note this by-passes any label overlap checking.

You can control the order of label drawing by 1) the order of layers in the mapfile (last labels into the cache are drawn first) or 2) through the use of the label PRIORITY parameter.

Typically annotation layers are defined very late in a mapfile...

Steve