[mapserver-users] Join from SHP file to PostgreSQL table

flaviocarmo flavio.o.carmo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:43:44 EST 2010

Hi,

I need to make a layer with a join between a shapefile and a non-spatial
table, stored on PostgreSQL. I've found this documentation
(http://mapserver.org/mapfile/join.html) but i could make it work, so, can u
guys help me looking at this configuration and tell me whats wrong?

LAYER
         NAME "join_shape"
         TYPE POLYGON
         STATUS DEFAULT
         DATA "join_shapefile.shp"
         CLASS
               NAME "Joined Shapes"
               STYLE
                 OUTLINECOLOR 120 120 120
                 COLOR 0 30 255
               END
         END
         TOLERANCE 20
         JOIN
               NAME "teste"
               CONNECTION "dbname='testdb' host=GSERVER1 port=5432
user='test'
password='test' sslmode=disable"
               CONNECTIONTYPE ogr
               TABLE '"test"."nonspatial"'
               FROM "code"
               TO "code"
               TYPE ONE-TO-ONE
         END
       END # layer

In this layer, i want to show only the geometrys in the shapefile
"join_shapefile.shp" that have a CODE column that is the same the CODE
column in the test.nonspatial table, stored on Postgre.

That is possible?

Thanks again

Regards,

Flavio Carmo