[mapserver-users] Re: Raster Data from PostGIS

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 29 11:00:35 EST 2010

On 11/29/2010 10:50 AM, florencia.bujan wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Ok, but I want to show only one layer with some rasters (more than one). I
> can save tif files into my system (directory into my hard disc instead of
> PostGIS), but I am thinking about can show a layer with more than one tif
> raster.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks a lot!
> Florencia from Uruguay

Florencia,

If you have a lot of tiff files on the disk, there are two ways to work
with them if you want them to appear as a single layer:

1. create a tileindex for rasters use gdaltindex command
    then in mapserver reference this with the TILEINDEX in the LAYER
2. create a vrt file the includes all your rasters with gdalbuildvrt
    This you can reference in the DATA "myvrtfile.vrt"

-Steve W